Welcome to the
90 Day Clean Eating Challenge
Please be sure and read the 90 Day Clean Eating Challenge Guidelines Below.
- Pick your start date. The challenge has been designed in a way that you can start on any date that works for you. If you have a special event or trip coming up, you may want to pick a start date after that even.
- Take your measurements & your photo You will find a baseline measurement form in the Weekly Fitness & Nutrition Journal which you received when you signed up. Recording AT MINIMUM your weight and waist measurements; taking before pictures is highly encouraged! Take a front & side and photo in form fitting clothes or a sports bra/swimsuit. If you are serious about getting on the right track you will be SO glad you took your baseline measurements and have a BEFORE picture on your way to a healthier lifestyle and your Ultimate Fitness & Health.
- Plan a Shopping Day & A Meal Prep Day. By now you have had plenty of time to review your meal plan & shopping list. Note: You don’t have to use all the meals, just the ones you like! Plan a shopping day before your start day, and then designate a “Prep Day”, if possible the day before you start. I plan a “Prep Day” every week, where I cook some items in bulk and prepared some meals in advance. This way you will have foods and meals available through the week.
- Have a Back Up Plan Create an Emergency Food Stash, and keep some of these foods available in your briefcase, purse, car or at your office. Often when you are on the go it is difficult to find foods that are protein rich and don’t have too many refined carbohydrates, unhealthy fats or other additives that you don’t want or need. If your goal is to keep your nutrient ratios in line and eat the highest quality of foods, then your best option is to plan for the unexpected. Always have some snacks available for the unexpected or times when you can’t prepare. Here are a few options I keep on hand:
- RxBars – Complete Protein, Fat & Carb in a bar with all natural ingredients and no added sweeteners.
- Chomps Beef Sticks
- Epic Bars
- Single portions of olives (healthy fats)
- Boiled Eggs
- Dried Fruits with no added sweeteners
- Nuts: Walnuts, Almonds, Cashews, Pecans
- Check in to the Private Facebook Group EVERY DAY and check in. This should take 5 minutes tops! This is where you will also be able to interact with Kay and others participating in the 90 Day Challenge/ In the last challenge, it was apparent that the people who participated got results!
90-Day Challenge Daily Guidelines
- Eat your first meal within an hour upon waking.
- After your first meal, eat every 3-4 hours throughout the day. If you are hungry in 3 hours, go ahead and eat. Don’t go longer than 4 hours between meals, and if you do not feel ready to eat in 4 hours, then eat just half a meal. You should feel “ready to eat, but not starving” when it is time for a meal; after eating you should feel “satisfied but not stuffed”.
- Weigh and measure your food portions for the first 2 weeks, until you feel comfortable with knowing what a correct portion is. I recommend you purchase a food scale if you do not already have one.
- Stick to the menu! You may repeat meals through the week based on your personal preferences. This means you do not have to use or eat all the meals. Any meal on the program can be eaten at any meal or snack time so long as you eat every 3-4 hours during the day.
- Drink at least half your bodyweight in ounces of water each day. This means a 150# person should drink a minimum of 75 ounces each day. It is okay to add lemon to your water if you wish.
- Exercise at least 30 minutes EVERY DAY! If you already have an exercise regimen, then great. This may be a great time to add something new or change it up a bit. If not, pick something you will enjoy and stick to. If you have not been exercising at all, even getting out and walking 30 minutes a day is a great start! Recently, HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) has been reported to be the best exercise tool for weight loss, but it is not appropriate for everyone. Try to incorporate some strength training into your workout as well for best results. We will post some fitness tips and sample workouts for those of you who would like some new ideas.
- I recommend that everyone take a liquid multi-vitamin every day … read my article, A Word On Supplements to learn what I recommend and which supplements I am currently using.
You may want to print out this post and keep it with you or in your Journal for reference.
Join Our Private Facebook Group
If you have not already done so, Sign onto Facebook and “JOIN” the 90 Day Clean Eating Challenge Facebook Group—you will be approved by a team expert. Only those who are in the group will be able to see the posts, comments and be able to access the “Files” section. Here you can also interact with Kay, other experts & participants on this page. Be sure you have the Notifications turned ON in the Facebook Group page. Just click where it says “Notifications” under the cover photo and check Turn “ON” and choose “All Posts”.
Sign Up For the 90 Day Challenge
Join The 90 Day Clean Eating Challenge & Lifestyle Make-Over to Achieve Optimal Health, Lose Weight & Feel Great.
You'll Receive A Quick Start Guide, Weekly Fitness & Nutrition Planner, Support, Motivation, Weight Loss & Stress Reduction Tools & Tips and Access to Our Private Facebook Page where you will receive daily support and motivation.