Fruit Parfait with Cottage Cheese OR Greek Yogurt
Here’s a fast and easy recipe, and it’s delicious!
- Choose one of these two: 8 oz Daisy Low-Fat Cottage Cheese OR 10 oz plain Greek Yogurt (here’s your protein)
- 1 Cup Frozen Triple Berry Blend Fruit (here’s your carbohydrate)
- 9 unsalted raw almonds (here’s your healthy fat)
- Optional: Pure Vanilla Extract &/or Stevia
Load these ingredients up in a 16 oz mason jar or container and by the time you are ready to eat them, the berries will have thawed and the juices can be mixed into the yogurt or cottage cheese. The almonds on top provide a healthy fat to round out your meal. If you need more sweetener add Stevia &/or a few drops of vanilla extract.
Option: Put the cottage cheese or yogurt in a small food processor with the frozen berries & blend … it will turn out like soft ice-cream.
This recipe is fast and easy. It is great for an afternoon or evening snack or a meal on the go!
White Fish & Greens
- White Fish (frozen is fine): I’ve used Sea Bass, Dover Sole, Cod, or Tilapia
- Package of Frozen, Chopped Spinach
- Minced Garlic – 2-3 teasponse
- Minced Ginger, or grated Fresh Ginger – 1 – 2 Tablespoons
- Juice of 2 Fresh Lemons
- Lucile’s Creole Original Seasoning (optional)
- Lite Soy Sauce OR Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- Slivered Almonds
In a large non-stick skillet, saute the garlic and ginger in a Tablespoonful of Olive Oil. Add the spinach, juice the lemons and add the juice, cover until the spinach has thawed. Add a little water, if needed. When the spinach has thawed, add the fish and cover again. You can also add either Bragg’s Liquid Aminos or some Lite Soy Sauce at this time, along with Lucile’s Creole Original Seasoning. Cook until the greens are tender and the fish is cooked through. Add some rice on the side and you will have a nutritious, delicious meal! Using about 10 ounces of fish and one package of chopped spinach, this will make about 2 servings for a woman … a man will need more, so perhaps double the recipe and divide it into thirds.
I just discovered Lucile’s Creole Original Seasoning here in the Denver area. You can get it at Lucile’s restaurant, which has several locations in the Denver area; however, after checking I found out you can order it from them online by going to Luciles.com. It isn’t expensive and it is so good in a lot of recipes!
I will post macronutrients later. Right now, I just want to get these recipes up with the ingredients. Depending on which program you are on, we would adjust anyway … MOST men will east very close to one and a half of my meal sizes …. so serving sizes (or portions per recipe) may change depending on your personal situation.