Turkey Chili Recipe
This recipe is from one of my clients and it is an all time favorite of mine that I’ve passed along to many others.
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2.5 lbs 99% Fat Free Ground Turkey
- 1/2 Cup Onions, chopped
- 1 pkg. Organic Spice Chili Seasoning Mix (you can find it in the aisle where the ethnic foods are sold.)
- Extra Large Can of Tomato Sauce
- Extra Large Can of Diced Tomatoes, no salt added
- 1 12 oz can Black Beans (OR 1 Cup Cooked Brown Rice)
- 4 Ounces Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated (for garnish)
In a large pot or skillet, saute onions in 1 Tbsp Olive Oil. Add ground turkey and cook until no longer pink. Add seasonings and remaining ingredients. Simmer to blend the flavors, or hold in a crock pot until ready to eat. Serve with 1/2 ounce of sharp cheddar cheese on top. Other low calorie toppings you can use are chopped scallions or cilantro.
This Chili has a balance of protein, carbohydrates & fat – a complete meal!
- Makes approximately 8 Servings
- Serving Size: approximately 1.5 cups
- Calories per Serving: 250
- Protein per Serving: 24 grams
- Carbs per Serving: 22 grams
- Fat per Serving: 5.5 grams
Get My Updates!
Sign up for my Updates & Get access to my Nutriton Challenge Fast Start Strategy Guide.
You'll receive my updates, new recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and motivation.