Golden Milk Recipe
This is an ancient recipe which is healthy and soothing. I like to whip up a batch of Turmeric Paste and keep it in the refrigerator so I can have it readily available. Golden Milk is a soothing bedtime treat, or a great way to begin your morning. Turmeric has been used since ancient times for it’s anti-inflammatory effects. The Black Pepper & Coconut oil or Ghee all help with releasing curcumin, which has the anti-inflammatory benefits in the turmeric. The ingredients in the Turmeric paste are loaded with anti-oxidants, and several of the ingredients in Turmeric Paste (cinnamon, ginger & turmeric) may decrease inflammation and joint pain.
- 2 Cups Milk (Your choice: almond, pecan, coconut, dairy all work – the ancients used cows milk – I prefer organic dairy)
- 2 tsp Turmeric Paste
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Optional: a tiny piece of fresh ginger
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Honey
Combine first 4 ingredients in a sauce pan and heat until simmering. Remove from heat, stir in honey and serve in your favorite mug.
- 1/2 Cup Turmeric Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ginger Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup ghee or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup water
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan, simmer for 7 minutes. Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator.
Note: Turmeric may stain blenders, counter tops and plastic containers.
Let's Stay in Touch
You'll get Inspiration & Motivation, Mind-Body Holistic Wellness Resources, Tips, Recipes and more!